Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sentimental Sundays

Sentimental Sundays instead of a Throwback Thursday 

August 26, 2018




I usually do a throw back Thursday, but today I am doing a Sentimental Sunday. 

        This Started a few hours ago when my best friend Jen texted me with a photo of a cover of a collections of writings from High school. During my sophomore year my English teacher asked myself, Parker Covieo and Derek Child to co-edit a collections of writings that our class put together. During my sophomore year  of high school I was very much into writing and editing a collaborating on writing projects. The project that I co-edited on was a collection of writings from our classmates. This project was probably one of my favorite ones that I helped with. There are part of me that I wished that I went into journalism while I was in college, but I don't regret choosing teaching and helping run after-school programs for the last 12 years of my life. I feel beyond blessed that I did a little bit of journalism in high school. Thanks Jen for finding this gem and helping me feel so nostalgic.  


"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen." -John Steinbeck 




No comments: